High quality 19 inch Straight Grain Hickory Throwing Tomahawk Handles. Our HD101 standard hickory throwing tomahawk handle comes with a smooth sanded & wax coating finish to ensure a secure & slightly sticky grip.
Why Buy Our 19" Replacement Hickory Throwing Tomahawk Handle?
100% Guaranteed Against Manufacturers Defects
All HatchetsandAxes.com products are 100% guaranteed against manufacturers defects. While most of our tomahawk heads are hand forged, and our professional blacksmiths inspect each product to ensure they are free of defects, occasionally a defect will pass through quality control due to the hand crafted nature of our products. If you should receive a product with any defect such as cracking we will replace it for you free of charge.
Wax Coated Tomahawk Handles
Each handle is carefully coated with beeswax in order to ensure a secure grip and reliable protection. Our handles come sanded smooth, splinter free and this wax coating makes for an amazing grip (even when your handle gets wet). Be sure to check out our upgraded handles which feature the same great straight grain hickory but come in a beautiful walnut stain (and then coated with wax).
NMLRA Approved Hawks
NMLRA stands for the National Muzzle-Loading & Rifle Association. HatchetsandAxes.com is a proud support of the NMLRA as well as provider of throwing tomahawks that follow the specific regulations of the NMLRA hawk throwing rules.
High Carbon Steel Blade
Each blade is hand forged from high carbon steel. The steel we have chosen has been selected as a result of diligent testing and ensure strength, durability, and long term reliability. Due to the nature of steel, each head will come with a light protective coating to prevent rusting.
Straight Grain USA Made Hickory Handles
All our throwing tomahawks come standard with 100% USA made straight grain hickory. We get our wood from the world famous Appalachian mountains and hand selected hickory. These handles are built to last and have proven themselves as a great combination of affordability and reliability.
Sharpened Blade Edges
Each blade is sharpened to ensure maximum penetration under current NMLRA rules and regulations. These blades are not designed to be extremely sharp (like the type you shave with). Our blade edges are far from dull, but they are sharpened only enough to hold a sharp enough edge for typical cutting & throwing scenarios.
Hand Forged Head
HatchetsandAxes.com has professional blacksmiths that produce all of our tomahawks and axes. Our forge is dedicated to producing top quality products. In our case, hand forging results in the most durable, long lasting and highest quality products. Yeah, it's a more traditional approach, we know that. But we stick with it when other companies try and cut corners and drop forge their products.
Get the High-Quality and Durable Extra or Replacement Tomahawk Handle
Durable tomahawk handles for sale are hard to find but Hatchets and axes want to make it easier for you. The quality of the materials used for the construction of the tomahawk handle we sell online is ensured by our partners. This 19” hickory tomahawk handle from the known tomahawk brand, Thrower Supply, is made from high-quality wood and are constructed and sanded meticulously to ensure that they are splinter free.
If you want to get an extra or replacement tomahawk handle that will surely withstand the impacts of numerous throwing, get this product now!
High quality 19 inch Straight Grain Hickory Throwing Tomahawk Handles. Our HD101 standard hickory throwing tomahawk handle comes with a smooth sanded & wax coating finish to ensure a secure & slightly sticky grip. This glossy wax finish gives it a waterproof protectant and protects the wood from the steel head.
Our handles are hand selected from Appalachian Hickory wood and 100% Made in the USA.
- American Hickory Wood
- 100% Made in the USA
- Smooth Sanded & Glossy Wax Finish
- Finish: Tumble Wax Coating
- Overall Length: 19 inches
- Top diameter (approximate): Front to back - 1.5 inches, Side to side - 1.125 inches
- Bottom diameter (approximate): Front to back - 1.125 inches, Side to side - 0.9375 inches
Tomahawks That Fit This Handle:
- Best Competition Throwing Tomahawk (TM101)
- Perfectly Balanced Throwing Tomahawk (TM106)
- Throwing Tomahawk - Pierced Heart (TM113)
- Polished Competition Throwing Tomahawk (TM102)
- Polished Perfectly Balaned Hawk (TM107)
- Small Polished 16" Mouse Hawk (TM104)
- Spike Polished Competition Throwing Hawk (TM105)
- Hand Forged Camp Poll Hawk (TM111)
- Tiger Hawk (TM114)
- BSA Rendezvous Kit (1001BSA)
- Viking Throwing Axe - Nordic Design (TM108)
- Scout Throwing Tomahawk (TM112)
- Beginners Throwing Package 3-in-1 Kit (BGTTT1122)
*Note: These handles may not fit all Cold Steel tomahawks or any other hawks not mentioned above. However, we have received reports that this handle will fit the Cold Steel Trail Hawk and possibly the Riflemans hawk as well.
Must See Product Video
Why We Choose American Hickory Wood
You know what they say about Hickory right? It is "time tested and logger approved"! American Hickory is the most sought after wood material to use for your axes and tomahawks. All the premium Swedish and German axe makers import American Hickory for their handles and proudly advertise it. We selected Hickory because it will take more abuse than maple or birch or ash. And on top of that, it is much more affordable.
Basic Facts of American Hickory
- Hickory Is Ergonomically Better For Comfort And Stress Reduction
- Hickory logs produce the best handles and are selected for their heavy weight, and straight grain.
- The U.S. Forest Products Lab has found no difference in white or red hickory's strength. Therefore, the best hickory handles may be white, red or a mixture of both.
- Hickory is a natural shock absorber and has excellent strength for tool handles.
Why Straight Grained Wood?
Grain refers to the direction of the "veins" of the wood. Wood will split easier if you are cutting in the direction of the grain. When chopping wood you try to cut along the grain to split the wood. If you were to use cross grain handles it just wouldn't make sense for throwing (they would break much easier). By selling only straight grain handles we are offering you the most durable handles available.
Why Wax Coated Handles?
Our handles are unique to our tomahawks. They are sanded smooth and then given a wax coating. This wax coating prolongs the life of your tomahawk handle, provides a more secure grip, and prevents splintering for an extended period.
Replacement Throwing Handles:
Other Variations of the Mouse Hawk:
Size & Length
Recommended Hawks (by SKU)
12 & Under
Teens & Women
Medium Hawks (18"-19")
Large Hawks (19")
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I have bought these handles more than once. They are a good value for a basic handle. It seems the last batch was not as smooth as previous ones. Actually got a sliver during unboxing and examination.
Feels great, weight is perfect. Can't wait to install my axe head
Quality of the wood was good and the oval shape was good but the diameter was almost too small. An extra 3/32 would have been perfect.
Shipped on time very fast. Great product.
Im giving my review 2 stars for the following reasons:
1. I honestly feel the prices are unreasonably high.
2. I made my purchase approximately 5 days before Black Friday and paid less than the “discounted” Black Friday sale which tells me the sellers are greedy and dishonest.
3. I always lower review scores when I am nagged for a review. I was solicited twice for a review. When a buyer is solicited for a review before they have had an honest opportunity to really test a product, it means the seller doesn't trust their product to stand the test of time; therefore, sellers want positive reviews before their products fail to meet expectations.